Social Icons

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Of Friendship: Letting Go Of Some and Keeping Some For Life

Friendship - when started and nurtured in good faith remains for a long time and even for life.  Similar to anybody's life - friendship is tested and a few struggle can end up losing one and ending the relationship. 

I value friendship even if it’s still young – I guess this is one quality inherent in me that even if a person is just a fresh entry in my life's circle, I always treat them as if they’ve been in my life from the very beginning. This quality of mine also borders into danger because some may take advantage of the goodness.

But hey – even then what’s important is that you’ve been a nice person while you’re in the friendship.
 
Unfortunately, there were some in my bloggers’ circle of friends that I need to let go – for individual differences plus I no longer see respect growing when I stay in it. 

But what’s fortunate is that I have gained sensible and true friends in the blogging world that none in my wildest fancy could have progressed. The very good thing about it is that I was able to filter who’s going to stay and let go of those whose life principles isn’t parallel with mine. Let's say differences played the big factor. 
The grand culmination of the Kerygma Conference 2013 at SMX Convention Center
But even if I have let go of quite a few of them, I still wish the best for them. It’s just that in a basket full of fruits, I just need to take out those which can spoil the morals I’m strictly keeping and those that can potentially shake my core values. Before that would happen – I need to preserve my moral dignity and disintegrate from the relationship silently and gracefully. 
With the ever bubbly YFC Micah Melecio
Speaking of good friendship I maintained in the blogging world – here’s one of the many that echoes a positive impact and vibe to me. Likewise – saying the same for me.
A good friend in and out of blogging - Pao
Last year during my vacation, I really was uptight in meeting blogger-friends because of an uncooperative schedule. But this person really took time and travel from a far place just to see me and reconnect after a year of not seeing each other because I'm thousand miles away to even get a chance to share a coffee or watch a good movie with him. 
Attending Kerygma Conference won't be as exciting if this young girl is not around
As a matter of fact, I didn't even hope that our meeting would push through since he's really busy with/at work - the fact that he's a newbie in his field and that his work occupied most of his time that taking a good rest is more important than going anywhere or meeting up with me. I had conditioned my mind that the probability of catching up even for few hours won't happen as I hinted it's really out of his schedule. Plus the conflicting free time we each had that time. 
Happy to see each other!
But when God answers, He answers a prayer or wish in awesome fashion. Converging and conspiring all the elements in the universe just to make this once in a year moment with a good friend Pao. Though our meet up was really short, but to realize that it's happening in the middle of a conference where practically everyone's in high spirit, nothing can beat the sheer fun and togetherness in the moment. 

In a span of more or less 2 hours, though Pao hated to leave that early, he was so thankful that he was able to attend a great talk before going back to Calamba. And he's forever thankful of the opportunity. 

We both agreed that the meeting was so brief yet we're looking forward for another chance this year. Definitely, this coming August it will be a blast for us and the rest of our blogger friends. The celebration of great friendship and camaraderie will continue this year. I'm looking forward until the day comes into fruition.

Pao, thank you for the chance - short but worthwhile.


14 comments:

  1. nakaka-relate sa iyong nadarama...
    may mga pagkakataon talaga na ayoko rin mawalay sa ilang mga kaibigan ko, pero ganun talaga...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are instances talaga nga na you have to choose a decision :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It has long been gone and I have moved on already, na mention lang siya kasi nag filter naman talaga ako ng friends sa blogging world - esp. those who contradict my core values. I just learned to not associate myself - but I just leave the friendship silently and peacefully.

      Delete
  3. Ouch! Kasama yata ako don sa mga naalis since you are not visiting my blog:)
    Anyway, good luck to you and it is just normal na maging close tayo sa mga naka inspire sa atin:) Pao is really a nice guy although di ko pa sya nakita in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, bakit ka nag ouch mommy Joy, you will never be erased in my circle. You're a positive vibe and why would I lose you anyway? hehe. Well, it's true that I just silently went away to some but I still wish the best for them. Don't worry I will visit your blog soon. Nagka catch up pa ako sa ibang blogs and I'm taking it one step at a time - sa pagbabasa hehe :) ang dami na kasi eh hehe

      Delete
  4. As we grow older, we realize it is less important to have lots of friends, and more important to have real ones...

    Good to see you bonding with Pao :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, though I still find meeting new ones exciting, however it is best to screen them so that you won't build a false friendship if you start with those who are not in congruence with values you dearly hold.

      Delete
  5. I don't know how to filter my friends hahaha... Magpapaturo ako sayo pag nagkita tayo... yon eh kung di pa ako natatanggal sa list of friends mo hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha, pag usapan nating yan over a cup of coffee sa kapehan hahaha. Natawa ako sa comment mo Mar hehe!

      Delete
  6. Difference is good as it lets you experience the unusual but what's important is you still respect each others' views no matter how far apart they are.

    In my end, some of my best friends now are those I met on line thru blogs. And they are my travel buddies now sharing the same passion of traveling and photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, as long as RESPECT is still present, I'm ok with it. But if respects leave the friendship, that's the time that I need to start reconsidering my option of staying away.

      There are certainly great people online, you just have to have the patience in knowing them fully.

      Delete
  7. people come and go...minsan akala natin nandiyan lang sila lagi pero nawawala din sila...sabi sa kwentong nabasa ko dati and pagdating at pag alis ng isang tao sa buhay natin ay parang ulan...hindi natin alam kung kelan darating at hindi rin natin kayang pigilan ang pagtila...hehehe napapaemo sa post mo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, people come and go, but true ones stay. And the latter made the difference. Thank you for dropping by in my blog. Appreciate it much.

      Delete

Glad you've visited my site. Your comment matters to me. You can also subscribe via email so that you'll know when I replied to you.

Thanks and have a nice read!

 
 
Blogger Templates