Yesterday was a “ME TIME” for me.
Today is a brand new day, brand new hope, and I must say a brand new me? Opps…yeah I guess a start of a brand new me. A modified version of me (parang upgraded lang na laptop or PC hehe) , a filtered one (parang nag unclog lang), a detached being from some worldly guilty pleasures. (Sssh…guilty pleasures? Haha..do I have that?) Well what I mean by that is “when you slowly detach from things that is not so important, that without one won’t really affect your life, and that not having or maintaining one is actually freeing yourself from the enslaving habit.
Ok, enough of that! Let us talk ramdom. I got few of 'em in my mind. I'll just provide you my insights and opinions about some topics that interest me.
1. SUZUKI CUP - Perhaps few of you know (or maybe none at all) that I'm a football guy. Hey, don't get me wrong, I mean I'm a football die-hard (not the playing type now since I last had my friendly match in UST when I was first year college pa) Since then I wasn't able to run in a football field nor watch a live soccer game. I only contain myself seeing live coverage in National Sports Grill in Greenbelt if I'm in town. Just yesterday (Saturday), our very own Azkals suffered a devastating loss against their long standing rival in their kick-off game for the Suzuki Cup of 2012. Our national team is group under Group A together with Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar. This is considered as the "Group of Death" among the eight national teams competing for this year's championship. Will our Azkals survive in their group? That's the haunting question that bothers me but nonetheless I still have faith in them. Who would boost their morale and confidence but us as Filipinos. We should support them all the way because they are carrying our flag and they are our national pride.
|SUZUKI CUP - December 2012|
|AZKALS Players - National Team (PHI)|
2. BLOG CONTEST - As of this writing, there is none yet who have submitted their entries and this makes me a little sad....just a little. Maybe my blogger friends are busy as of the moment. Or maybe they tend to forget about it hehehe! I hope before December hits its first day, I'll be able to receive at least five (5) entries already. Or else, none from my prizes (books) will be given. It's quite weird since when I had my first blog contest I got 134 entries. But now, madalang pa sa patak ng ulan, huhuhu! Anyway, I'll still wait, patiently wait. Worst case scenario, if no one will ever submit, it's not my loss, but your loss..hahaha.
3. VACATION - I can't wait for this to happen. But recently, I'm having concern about it since up until now I never had my replacement yet. The General Manager hasn't take concrete step in bringing in my replacement. I don't know what's happening since he didn't even update me. I'm slated to go home by end of January but I'm having qualms about how slow they're facilitating about it.
4. FACEBOOK -ING - It's one of my wishes in my birthday. I really am a Facebook addict. I mean I spend too much time using it. Well not for just anything but for beneficial things. But, this time I want to slowly cut down my time spending in Facebook. I won't be visible in it to concentrate to some highly important things. I told myself I'll just be cautious with PM's and draw back from reading timelines and statuses. I hope I can stand by my promise.
5. RECENT ISSUES IN PINAS - Every morning I used to browse the Yahoo Philippines site to keep myself abreast with the current happenings in our country. And below just caught my attention.
- President Aquino Won't Quit Smoking?- Honestly, in a scale of 1-10, this news is a total turn-off to me. I mean, the president? won't quit smoking? He should quit (kahit slowly lang). Paano na ang advocacy namin under the non-government organization to help raise awareness to quit smoking? And even the government itself, I guess, has a concrete initiative to lessen, if not eradicate, smoking in Pinas. Though, I'm impressed with his performance in our government, yet I'm depress knowing he's not leading a good example to quit smoking. He should lead by example so that he will have a commanding authority for those who are still under this unhealthy vice.
- Snakes On A Train? - Wow, this news just edged-me-off my seat. Where in the world is this happening? only in Pinas? I hope so. But why? Why are those zoo keepers (if these snakes escaped from a zoo) or private owners (if these are privately owned) been tricked by their pets and let them loose. Wow, they should heightened their security cages to avoid incidents like this. I frequently hear news of snakes escaping or roaming anywhere around the metro. And it's scary for kids huh! Please take good care of these snakes ok!
- New Pinoy Cardinal Named - This is a feel-good news for me. At least Archbishop Tagle was named as one of the newest cardinals. Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle received the red three-cornered biretta hat as he was elevated to Cardinal by Pope Benedict XVI during a consistory inside St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican. He is one among the six newest cardinals being raised to that status. Congratulations!
- PH Bets in Mr.World - 2nd Placer (1st Runner - Up) & PH Bet in Miss Earth wins as Miss Earth -Air (equivalent to 1st Runner-up) - We pinoys are fonds of beauty pageants, we really support our representatives to the point that most of the time, they win in an online voting assuring them of a slot in the semi-finals. This year, we have two bets who delivered well. Mr. Andrew Wolf - of PH Volcanoes Rugby Team was handpicked by Cory Quirino to represent our country in Mr. World 2012 in Kent, England and he almost win. Congratz for the 2nd place finish. And our very own PH bet to Miss Earth Stephany Stefanowitz also bagged the Miss Earth - Air title. Few weeks back, I saw in TV Patrol that of Kevin Balot (did I spell it right) - a Filipino transgender who won the Miss International Queen 2012 in Thailand and a model named June Macasaet was declared Mr. Manhunt International 2012 winner, was also held in Thailand. I guess it's our year for beauty pageants..hahaha..sino nga ba yong representative natin sa Ms. Universe? Janine ata name..ang tanong will she make it? sana naman. Ipag-pray natin yan. Good luck sa kanya.
So far these are the thoughts that forces an entry into my neuron today. I can't think of other interesting things to blog about today. I hope a better and exciting one will comes out tomorrow.
Have a nice read everyone!
Have a nice read everyone!